Best Practices in Documentation Series
Understand current requirements for daily documentation to support interventions billed and skill/medical necessity of care
Intended Audience: PT, OT and PTA - The Webinar will cover current requirements for best practices in documenting evaluations for rehabilitation services.
- Participants will identify required elements for Therapy Evaluations for Medicare, Medicaid & Worker's Compensation.
- Participants will list key demographic information that will expedite future ICD-10 Coding.
- Participants will define what is required to establish measurable functional & impairment goals.
- Participants will describe the role of the Therapy Assessment in demonstrating Medical Necessity and establishing skilled care.
- Participants will list the required elements in a PT Plan of Care.
- OSHA Guidelines, WI Worker's Compensation laws/guidelines, and APTA Guidelines on providing Physical Therapy in a Work Comp Setting.
About The Speaker(s)
Lynn Steffes, PT, DPT, is a 1981 graduate of Northwestern University, and completed her Transitional DPT in 2010. She served as a Network Administrator for a group of 50+ private practice clinics where her primary responsibilities included marketing, payer and provider relations and contract management. In addition Dr. Steffes is active in her profession on the Nominating Committee for the Private Practice Section of APTA, and the WPTA, serving as the Chapter's Reimbursement Specialist. She is President/Consultant of Steffes & Associates, a rehabilitation consulting service. She provides consulting services to rehab providers nation-wide.