Beginning April 2017, all CEU Providers in Wisconsin will utilize our new CEU Locker system for making course approval applications, maintaining list of credits and submitting payments for all aspects of this process.
The new CEU Locker system is a shared system for many Physical Therapy Components that provides a fast, convenient centralized location to get approvals in several states by completing and storing your paperwork requirements only one time.
Course Approval Fees:
7.25 - 12
16.25 or More
Application Submission Notes:
- Submit your course to CEU Locker with supporting documentation, and the non-refundable application fee
(and rush processing fee if applicable) at least 30 days prior to date of program. When approved, APTA Wisconsin will assign a course approval number for the course. The course approval number is valid for the initial presentation and also for subsequent presentations of the same course (same material, same presenters, same objectives, etc.) for a period of 12 months following the initial presentation.
- Supporting documentation must include:
- Course Description
- Course Objectives
- Time Schedule and Program Content for Each Segment
- Instructor(s) Names, Credentials and Biography
- Course Evaluation Form - See #5 for more details
- Course Fees
- List of References (at least 3 current sources to support the material to be presented published
within the last 7 years)
- Contact Hours are determined based on the number of instructional hours. Time spent on registration, meals or breaks will not be counted when determining hours. The number of CEUs approved may not equal the number requested by the applicant. Unstructured reading time in preparation for online courses shall not be included in the total approved contact hours.
- Minimum requirement for awarding proof of attendance: participant attends at least 80% of the program and participates satisfactorily as determined by the program sponsor.
- The Course Evaluation Form must include three questions: "Was the material at or above entry level knowledge for PTs and PTAs", "To what extent did the program meet the stated objectives?" and "To what extent did you learn new information that you could apply in your practice setting?" . The form needs to assess the objectives, course content, instructor(s), method of presentation and the extent to which the learning outcomes were achieved. It is the responsibility of the course sponsor to have this form completed by each participant and to share the results of the evaluation with the course instructor(s).
- When the course is approved by the APTA WI, you may issue your own certificates. The certificates should be completed by the course sponsor and contain:
- Number of contact hours/CEUs awarded by APTA Wisconsin
- Participant's name
- Title of course
- Signature of Instructor or Course Sponsor
- Date of course completion
If the course is submitted less than 30 days prior to the course start date a $50 rush processing fee will apply.
APTA Wisconsin reserves the right to audit any course and will notify the sponsor if they have been chosen for an audit. The audit may include onsite attendance of the course.