An internal compliance audit is the BEST way to identify areas for documentation and billing improvement for your practice setting. Catch your own training and compliance errors before an outside auditor catches you!
Intended Audience: PT, OT and PTA
- This course is designed to cover current requirements for best practices in preparing for audits.
- Participants will list three or more types of audits they may be subject to.
- Participants will identify required elements to address in an internal audit for intake paperwork, therapy evaluations, therapy progress reporting/POCs for Medicare, Medicaid and daily notes and billing forms.
- Participants will define areas at risk for audit.
- Participants will define what is required to conduct an internal audit and create an improvement plan.
About The Speaker(s)
Lynn Steffes, PT, DPT, is a 1981 graduate of Northwestern University, and completed her Transitional DPT in 2010. She served as a Network Administrator for a group of 50+ private practice clinics where her primary responsibilities included marketing, payer and provider relations and contract management. In addition Dr. Steffes is active in her profession on the Nominating Committee for the Private Practice Section of APTA, and the WPTA, serving as the Chapter's Reimbursement Specialist. She is President/Consultant of Steffes & Associates, a rehabilitation consulting service. She provides consulting services to rehab providers nation-wide.