Critical Resources for Physical Therapists During the COVID-19 Pandemic
We encourage all PTs and PTAs to talk to their patients about receiving the COVID-19 vaccine. Patients should visit their county health department's website to learn the process for obtaining the vaccine, as it may differ depending on the health insurance provider and health care system. The website planyourvaccine.com is also available to the general public to learn where and when the vaccine will be available to them.
The CDC has many resources for educating your patients, and engaging with them regarding the vaccine.
Answering Patients’ Questions About COVID-19 Vaccine and Vaccination
If you have received your vaccine now is a great time to show your patients and colleagues! The CDC has free vaccine toolkits available for download that include sticker sheets, posters and social media template messages. You can find the toolkits at https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/health-systems-communication-toolkit.html.
- Health and Wellness
- Headspace: An online company specializing in meditation, is offering a free subscription through 2020 for health care providers. Please provide your NPI number to access.
- HoursTV Stress Management Apps: Here Are the Top Stress Management Apps During Time of Coronavirus
- Information for APTA Members: This link will provide you with resources from APTA.
- Academy of Acute Care Physical Therapy: Fostering excellence in acute care practice, in all settings, in order to enhance the health and functioning of patients and clients.
- Patient Telehealth Action Center: Tell Congress to waive restrictions on the use of Telehealth for physical therapist services.
- APTA Private Practice Section: Information on advocacy; payment policy; education on practice management, business, marketing, public relations, and business innovation.
- Academy of Neurologic Physical Therapy: A web page with online resources for our educators and clinicians to use with their students and patients.
- The Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE): Need additional CAPTE Guidance? Review the CAPTE Response to COVID-19.
- APTA Telehealth Resources: News and guidance regarding telehealth practice and advocating for it in your state.
- Charts from APTA Track Payer, Government PT Telehealth Policies: The new resources from APTA are intended to be used as quick-reference guides to help you stay on top of changes in whether and how telehealth can be used in physical therapy â€” PTs should still check with payers and state governments.
- Governor Evers's Office: Find all news and information issued from Governor Evers's office.
- WisconsinEye: View the governor's press conference and other government updates on the coronavirus
- Wisconsin Department of Health: The latest news straight from the Wisconsin Department of Health.
- WI Department of Safety and Professional Services: Important information from the Wisconsin Physical Therapy Examining Board
- Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development: Find more information on unemployment in Wisconsin.
- Wisconsin Small Business Development Center: Economic resources for Wisconsin's businesses during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Federation of State Boards of Physical Therapy: Protecting the public by providing service and leadership that promote safe and competent physical therapy practice. New Release - Possible Roles for PTs and PTAs during the COVID-19 Pandemic (3/30/2020)
- National Organization of State Offices of Rural Health: Promoting the capacity of State Offices of Rural Health and their stakeholders to improve health in rural America through leadership development, advocacy, education and partnerships. New Release - Telehealth Resource Centers/Medicare (3/23/2020)
- CDC Website: Your guide from the CDC on what steps to take if you are stick, how to prevent illness, and other resources.
- Surgeon General's Website: Providing you with the best scientific information available on how to improve their health and reduce the risk of illness and injury.
- National Institutes of Health (NIH): Official website of the world's foremost medical research centers.
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration: For information on the safety, efficacy, and security of human and veterinary drugs, biological products, and medical devices in the U.S.
- OSHA Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19 Includes information on protection of workers with high exposure risk and personal protective equipment. Other OSHA information can be found here.
- COVID-19 Scams: Unfortunately, there are scams associated with this pandemic. Click this link to stay informed and learn how to avoid scams.
- World Health Organization (WHO): Find the latest WHO recommendations and implementation tools for government and organizations.
- CARES Act:The CARES Act, signed into law on March 27th, provides funding to small business owners and to employees as ways to support them and the economy during this public health crisis. View a summary from the APTA Private Practice Section.
This webpage will be updated as more information and resources are made available.