Students: Two Mentorship Opportunities Available!
The APTA WI Academic Liaison Committee is sponsoring two mentorship opportunities for students. Below are the details, including the application process:
One year-long Mentorship (Offered to a 2nd year SPT)
- The mentee will be matched with a mentor who is in a leadership role within the WPTA, practices in the area that the mentee is interested in working in and is in the same geographical area.
- The program/relationship will be tailor fit to what the mentor/mentee discuss and decide. This will be an amazing opportunity for a motivated student to take and mold the mentorship experience that is ideal for the individual. This program format will allow the student and mentor to dictate the time/effort needed to achieve their goals. - i.e. monthly meetings, shadowing, phone calls, case studies, attending conferences together, attending a board meeting etc.
Two APTA WI Fall Conference Mentorships (All SPT and SPTA Student Eligible)
- The mentees will be matched with mentors who are in leadership roles within the APTA WI possibly practicing within the mentee's area of interest
- Mentees/mentors will attend the Fall Conference together (attendance for the entire Fall Conference is required). This program will also be fluid and can be tailor fit to the mentee/mentor. The general idea is to interact as much as possible. It is recommended to attend classes (except student only course) and as many other activities together as possible i.e. lunch (a table will be reserved for the mentorship program), business meeting, issues forum, student meet/greet and possibly the WPTA Board of Director Meeting
All you need to do to apply is just write a concise essay (no more than 500 words) addressing two items:
- Recent history of involvement in your undergrad and/or PT/PTA program, community, church, job, etc.
- What would they like to gain from this mentorship?
- ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENT FOR YEAR LONG MENTORSHIP: Outline/timeline of how you would like to have the mentorship structured (the more detailed the better)
The essays are due on September 24. The mentees will be notified within one week of this deadline.
Please email essays in a Word Document to the APTA Wisconsin Academic Liaison Committee members:
Erik Gregersen email@example.com
Matt Paluchniak firstname.lastname@example.org
Sam Zehnder email@example.com
Be sure to include your contact info including:
∙APTA ID, Name, Address, School (year in program) and Practice Area of Interest (ex: private practice, manual therapy, neuro, pediatrics, acute, etc.)